WELCOME TO KUANTAN WELCOME TO KUANTAN ~ MY LIFE IN KUANTAN

Saturday 13 October 2012

WELCOME TO KUANTAN

Hi everyone! My name is Stanley and I would like to wish each and every one of my dear readers who so happen to bum in, a very warm welcome to My Life In Kuantan Blog.

After surviving for more than 37 years in Kuantan, finally I decided to create a blog about Kuantan sharing some of my random memoirs, exciting and interesting stuff that you can do while you are in Kuantan, where and how you can explore delicious food to eat and enjoy at a very reasonable and economical rate that you can never expect to find some where else, and the last but not the least where and how to find an economical but good spot to stay while you are in Kuantan.   

Whether you are looking for an exotic get away or a refreshing vacation, the tropical city of Kuantan in Malaysia is the place for you. Well, just to share some bits and pieces especially for those who are not local, Kuantan is the state capital of Pahang, strategically located near the mouth of the Kuantan River facing the South China Sea, and is the largest city on the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
Although Kuantan has grown into a bustling modern town in line with the rapid development of Malaysia, it still retains its delightful cultures, traditions and values, making it a modern yet traditional town.
To-date, Kuantan is the leading urban growth centre and gateway to the delightful East Coast States of West in Malaysia. You can travel north along the coastal road to the states of Terengganu and Kelantan. And further up north towards the borders of Thailand.
The town suburban has expanded rapidly 72km up to the Kemaman town, right after the Pahang/Terengganu border.

The city itself has a population of approximately 600,000++. The population in Kuantan comprises of  57% Malay, 32% Chinese, 4% Indian and as for 7% other races.

In general, Kuantan is neither big nor glamorous but has been identified as one of the future growth centers and a hub for trade, commerce, transportation and tourism due to its strategic location. 

Well, I guess it’s time for me to wrap up my “Welcome” message and I really appreciate your support and taking some of your precious time to check out my blog and I hope you will enjoy it and find something inspirational. So, stick around and stay tuned as I will be updating you from time to time and include many posts and articles as well as interesting photos around Kuantan you may find interesting.  

Best wishes from My Life In Kuantan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment